Owning Since 2142

HomePortal*CalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

weksos having a break

Go down 
AuthorMessage
weksos

PostSubject: weksos having a break   Mon May 19, 2008 12:48 pm

well for the 3rd or 4th time in a row i havnt made a ladder match due to connection probs....

Ive tried everything from new computers, to new modems, seems the problem lies between my phone jack and the exchange...

had this problem since April this year, and i didn't foresee this happening when I joined up with zal, and ARI
I feel like im letting the team down now, and so have decided to have a break until....

1) Orcon/telecom fixes there shit... Have rang many times and had telecom out twice to "check the line"
2) i Move to a new place, closer to town, or in an upgraded reliable neighborhood
3) a miracle
4) i change isp's (dont know if this will fix either) but since other family members are now using the connection(just swaped emails etc etc) kinda hard to go out on a limb and try something new, and have it fail and be back to square one

ladder matches is also not the main problem, i feel just playing these days that my connection is lacking compared when i 1st started out
It feels like a handicap, and id rather not try and "play" around it

other programs, MSN, XFIRE, also do not work, downloading anything video related from the net is also a waste of time outside NZ zone

so there it is... I am really gutted and soo frustrated, its not fun anymore... and thats the only reason we play games...
I could still lend a hand in our friendly scrims on our NZ server if you guys don't have 5...

I hope my generous donation to the clan with regards to server/vent fees will replace wat i cannot give with my shit connection

sorry guys..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zalman1
Admin

PostSubject: Re: weksos having a break   Tue May 20, 2008 2:37 am

Gutted bro, hope you get it sorted soon, clan/matches are not the same with out you Sad I love you pale
What I would do, tell Orcon to go to hell and sign up with telstra clear.

Because:
1) Telstra does has better service, internet and help desk, they should be able to help. (all ISPs are crap, but these guys should be better)
2) you are moving to their network, the problems maybe fix when the swap over is done.
3) Your family, ppl in the house etc, will be having the same problems as you, whats the point of staying with a crap provider when everyone has crap internet.
4) Telstra does say they are made for gaming etc etc
5) you family can make new emails at gmail, and you can pop it to outlook or whatever, ya dont have to use the gmail web login Smile

From what I can tell you only have a few emails address to loose when leaving orcon, and if you ask, I'm sure you can keep your emails with them for a small fee if you wanted too. ($2 a month per email I think)

You will be missed bro. And indeed you donation has helped us Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Delta

PostSubject: Re: weksos having a break   Tue May 20, 2008 11:26 am

Well what can i say weks you fell into some bad luck ther with your connection bro and i still cant understand why they can't fix your line or at the very least know what the problem is scratch

Gutwrenching that you have decided to lay back for a while but totally understandable, cause if it ain fun then it ain't worth playin "TOTALLY AGREE"

Oh by the way can you sennd bit more money cause i just checked and it ain't enough to cover my server rentals for the year ta, zal said you should at least cover my costs if nothing else Neutral

lol but seriously you will be missed bro Sad get you connection workn soon man then come show us how to kick some cod 4 ass Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xxbudgexx

PostSubject: Re: weksos having a break   Sun May 25, 2008 6:37 am

Sad Wek that is teribble bro. U really did fall into some bad luck.

The only thing i can suggest and youve probably already tried is to stuff around with your internal network a bit.
I know that i used to have lots of problems due to my Hub and ADSL modem running 2 or 3 PC's.

I resently upgraded to all D-Link gear to unify my hardware and havent had a problem yet.

Things to try
A)Maybe try disconnecting other PCs and running 1 straight off the modem.
B)upgrade your router firmware.
C)upgrade all netwrk card drivers.
D)do a bit of research into port forwarding and your router
E)Write a letter to the NZ telecommunication obudsman (prob best option but chec all interanal netwrk 1st)
F) i would even go as far as taking my PC and Netwrk gear to a friends and testing on there ISP.

Hope these are helpfull dude. It would be a real shame not to have you around. You seem like a top bloke Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: weksos having a break   

Back to top Go down

weksos having a break
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Australian Royal Infantry :: Members Area :: The Dump-
Jump to: